Call for papers - Artha January-March 2021
A PUBMED search for the terms ‘covid’ and ‘psychological’ returns over 150 articles. A cursory glance of the titles reveals the current focus of research – resilience and stress in healthcare workers, eating disorders, addiction, anxiety, depression and even suicide as an extreme consequence. The public health decisions are enforced for the greater good, and it is obvious that these decisions are having an acute impact and, as some researchers suggest, may be a lasting one as well. As the pace of research gathers momentum across the world, we have the responsibility to collect and document changes and effects within our unique local contexts.
Not only are the various dimensions of psychological impact being considered as a second hidden pandemic, the world of learning and education has also been hit by a seismic wave. Rapid changes to instruction and assessment, powered by technology, are being unleashed with the hope of maintaining educational progression for the children and youth. What we learn from our experience here, especially from the initial few months, may influence the world of education in the years to come.
Manuscripts are invited from researchers pertaining to the listed topics (see below) but not limited to these alone, as long as those are relevant psychology or education issues related to the present COVID-19 situation. Original Research articles with diverse methodologies and Reviews that are innovative and provide meaningful contributions may be submitted. All submitted manuscripts will go through a double-blind peer review.
If you have any questions about the journal or the issue topic, please contact the Section Editors: Dr. Anita Rao Mysore (email@example.com) for topics in Education & Dr. Madhavi Rangaswamy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for topics in Psychology or email@example.com and we will ensure timely feedback.
Manuscripts must be formatted according to the journal guidelines, do visit this link for more details: http://journals.christuniversity.in/index.php/artha/about/submissions
Last date for receiving manuscripts: 22nd November 2020
For knowing more about the journal do visit the journal's homepage at http://journals.christuniversity.in/index.php/artha/index
Suggested Topics for Psychology
- Collaborative emergence related to creativity
- The cognitive effect of changing space-time relationships
- Influence of pandemic on:
- Sleep and dreaming
- Coping with addiction
- Trust and communication
- Self and emotion regulation
- Spirituality and Meaning-making
- Pets and impact on interpersonal interactions
Suggested Topics for Education:
- Multidimensional Perspectives of Enforced Online Transition across the educational levels
- Influence of Age on Online instruction in teachers and learners
- Exploring fatigue and its consequences on Online instruction in teachers and learners
- Teaching Social and Environment issues through the Covid-19 experience
- Educators perspectives on challenges to career counseling
- Impact on School to work transition/ school to higher ed transitions