Call for Papers: Imbibing Eco-centrism in Environmental Law: Scope, Challenges and the Way Forward
Volume 11, No.1: Jan-June 2022
Theme: Imbibing Eco-centrism in Environmental Law: Scope, Challenges and the Way Forward
Law has always been used as a tool to secure human needs and wants. An anthropocentric approach is ingrained in every facet of law, and environmental law is no exception. Unfortunately, the present environmental legal regime, has not been able to stymie the degradation of the environment, let alone bring about a paradigm shift in the way in which, we humans, interact with nature. Environmental Law has been based on the wrong assumption that humans are a separate entity, living away from nature. By doing so, it has not taken into consideration the intrinsic, inherent value that exists in each and every component and thereby fails to address the real problems that plague Mother Earth. This anthropocentric approach has already caused irretrievable damage to the environment. It is high time that we change this wrong assumption and address real concerns, and bring about the much needed thrust towards framing an eco-centric law, which treats humans as a part of nature. To foster this line of thought one has to delve into its scope, the challenges and possible solutions which would lead to a harmonious coexistence between man and nature. Christ University Law Journal, invites research paper submissions on the following sub-themes:
- Conceptualising Environmental Law and Governance: Issues and Challenges
- Differentiating Right toEnvironment and Right of Environment
- Environment Protection: Evaluating Rights and Duties
- Extending the concept of standing
- Eco-feminism: An Analysis
- Deep Ecology - A panacea for environmental woes?
- Restructuring the environmental justice delivery system: Issues and Challenges
- Internalising customs and traditions into Environmental Law
- Interface between environment and ethics
Please send your paper (5000-7000 words), latest by 31st January, 2022. Kindly include the abstract of the article in 150-200 words, 5 Keywords and the CV of the author in 100-150 words.
(submit articles only through this link)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: January 31st 2022