Guidelines for Publishing Conference Proceedings
Collaboration as Publishing Partners in Conferences - Guidelines
Mapana Journal of Sciences is open to accepting publication partnership proposals from organizers of various international and national conferences conducted on topics falling under the scope of the Journal. Once accepted, the conference articles will be published as a special thematic issue. The guidelines for submission of proposals for conference special issues and related publication procedures are as follows.
Submission of Proposals
- Proposals for conference special issues have to be submitted at least three months before the commencement of the conference. The proposal must clearly state the following.
- Date and venue of the conference
- Details about organizers, collaborators, and affiliations
- Topic of the conference and its significance
- Expected number and regional diversity of participants
- Anticipated number of articles in the special issue and details of the screening procedure for selecting them
- The editorial team will review the proposal thoroughly and communicate the decision to the conference organizers.
- Once the proposal is accepted, the name and logo of Mapana Journal of Sciences shall be included as publishing partners in the brochures, websites, and posters related to the conference.
- As publishing partners, we are happy to help the organizers reach out to diverse scientific communities. The brochures will be put up on the official website of the Mapana Journal of Science till the commencement of the conference.
- The organizers should not guarantee the publication of any manuscript. Decisions on each manuscript will be taken only after a thorough evaluation by the editorial team and experts.
Submission of Manuscripts
- All the manuscripts should strictly adhere to the standards mentioned on the official Journal website. The following are mandatory in all manuscripts.
- A clear and unique title not exceeding 12 words
- Names, affiliations, and official mail addresses of all authors. We encourage authors to provide ORCID IDs, too.
- Keywords (5-6)
- Highlights (maximum 3 points)
- Abstract ( minimum of 100 words, but not more than 150 words)
- Proper numbering of headings and subheadings
- Proper introduction and conclusion
- Clarity of figures (atleast 300 dpi) and tables
- Proper citation and permissions for re-prints
- Proper and sequentially ordered referencing in IEE format
- Abbreviations used in the article
- Statements regarding author contributions, funding, conflict of interests, and acknowledgement
- According to the Journal policy, the similarity of an article cannot exceed 20%, and the similarity from a single source cannot go beyond 1%.
- Each manuscript should be thoroughly peer-reviewed by a minimum of two expert referees, and their reports should be submitted. If manuscripts are revised based on reviewer comments, initial and final review reports and authors’ replies to review comments should be submitted. The names, affiliations, and contact details of the reviewers must be provided.
- The organizers should submit the following documents related to each manuscript.
- Complete manuscripts
- Similarity reports (iThenticate only)
- A minimum of two review reports for each manuscript
- Author agreements
- The editorial team and subject experts will thoroughly review all the submitted manuscripts and related documents to ensure quality and authenticity. Also, if any manuscript is found to deviate from the approved conference topic, it won’t be included in the conference special issue.
- The editor of the journal will have the final say on the inclusion or exclusion of submitted manuscripts in the special issue.
- The manuscripts approved by the editorial team should be submitted through the portal provided on the official website, https://journals.christuniversity.in/index.php/mapana, within the stipulated date. The organizers shall collect the four-digit manuscript IDs obtained during submission and forward them to the editorial team.
- If the number of quality manuscripts is less than the required minimum for an issue, the journal cannot proceed with a special issue. In such cases, the selected manuscripts shall be considered for publication in regular issues with the consent of the respective authors. Such manuscripts shall undergo further peer-review rounds if required.
- All correspondence to the authors will be made through OJS, where the manuscripts have been submitted.
- The conference organizers and authors are responsible for timely replies to queries from the side of the editorial team. Lack of timely responses will result in the rejection of even preliminarily approved manuscripts.
- Mapana Journal of Sciences is a free open-access journal, and we do not collect any article processing/publication charges from authors/ organizers. We strongly encourage the authors, organizers, and affiliated institutions to subscribe to the Journal.
Kindly note that the journal considers canvassing an unethical practice and under no circumstance shall it be entertained.