Artha, Christ University Journal of Social Sciences, seeks to facilitate in-depth reflection and analysis of issues, problems and concerns in the disciplines under Social Sciences, in order to assist and further the directions and transformations human society needs to evolve into. It targets educational institutions, research centres, social scientists, policy makers and any individual interested in and commited to human welfare.
Guidelines for Submission
The Journal accepts research articles, case studies, book reviews for publication.
1. The manuscript should be of an average length of 6,000 words, typed in MS Word, with 1.5 line space, 12 point, book antiqua font.
2. The manuscript should carry an abstract of about 150-200 words with not more than eight keywords. Both the abstract and keywords are mandatory.
3. The tables and figures in the text should be centred.
4. Endnotes: All notes should be indicated by serial numbers in the text and the detailed reference should be given as endnotes at the end of the document, following the corresponding numbers before the references. No footnote system is to be followed. Endnotes are optional.
5. References: The list of references should be placed after the endnotes. Only the works cited or referred to in the main text should be cited under the references. Intext citation and references should adhere to the sixth edition of Publication Manual of American Psychological Association (APA).
6. Where applicable Citations should mention the DOI nos in the reference.
7. In case of figures only black and white figures will be accepted.
8. British English spelling and grammar is to be used throughout manuscript.
9. Book reviews shall be of around 1000 words, and should carry the following details in the order as below: Name of the author, title of the book reviewed, place of publication, name of the publisher, year of publication, number of pages in Roman and Arabic figures to include preliminary pages, and price, with binding specifications as to whether it is paperback or hardcover.
10. Comments shall be of an average length of 1500 words.
11. Whenever a copyrighted material is used, contributors should accurately reproduce, and obtain permission from the copyright holders, and the same should be acknowledged in the article.
12. Every contribution should be accompanied by a declaration that the article is original and has not been published nor submitted elsewhere for publication.
13. All submitted articles will be double blind reviewed. Acceptance of articles is subject to recommendation by the review panel and subsequent acceptance by the editor.
14. Every accepted article will be copy-edited. The Editorial Board reserves the right to make necessary revisions to the text in keeping with the journal style sheet and standard.
15. Every author will receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which one’s paper appears. A soft copy of their published article will be sent o n request.
16. All editorial correspondence should be addressed to:
Editor, Artha-Journal of Social Sciences
Christ University, Bangalore–560 029, Karnataka, India