Factors Influencing Consumer’s Purchase Intention on Social Networking Sites: Evidence from Bangalore
Keywords:Social Media, Consumer Purchase Intention, Advertisement Attitude, Shopping Attitude, E-retail Websites
Most online shoppers indicate that they visit e-retail websites on a social networking site. Previous research shows that visiting websites affect the consumer’s purchase intentions. This study identified various factors that affect consumer behaviour while shopping on social media. It further studied the services offered by social media and several factors that influence the consumer’s purchasing experience in social networking sites. Analysing 105 responses, the study revealed that factors such as price, services offered, advertising attitude, and shopping attitude have a significant impact on consumer behaviour.
2. Kronrod, A., & Danziger, S. (2013). Wii Will Rock You! The use and effect of figurative language in consumer reviews of hedonic and utilitarian consumption. Journal of Consumer Research, 40(4), 726-739.
3. Shen, B., & Bissell, K. (2013). Social media, social me: A content analysis of beauty companies’ use of Facebook, in marketing and branding. Journal of Promotion Management, 19, 629–651. DOI: 10.1080/10496491.2013.829160
4. Parson, A. (2013). How Does social media influence the buying behavior of consumers?, Business & Entrepreneurship
5. Chiang, K. P., & Dholakia, R. R. (2013). Factors driving consumer intention to shop online: An empirical investigation, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 13(1), 177-183.
6. Krieger, K. S. A. M. (2012). Instagram retrieved from http://instagram.com/press/ [Accessed].
7. Darden, W. R., & Reynolds, F. D. (2011). Shopping orientations and product usage roles. Journal of Marketing Research, 8(1), 505-508.
8. Han, J., & Han, D. (2011). A framework for analysing customer value of internet business, Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, 3(5), 25-38.
9. Bennett, J., Owers, M., & Tucker, M. (2010). Workplace impact of social networking. Property Management, 28(3), 138-148
10. Miller, R., & Lammas, N. (2010). Social media and its implications for viral marketing. Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal, 11, 1-9
11. Mitra, K., Reiss, M. C., & Capella, L. M. (2009). An examination of perceived risk, information search and behavioural intentions in search, experience and credence services, Journal of Services Marketing, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 208-228
12. Boyd, D. M., & Ellison N. B. (2007). Social network sites: Definition, history, and scholarship. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 13(1), 210-230.
13. Li, C., Bernoff, J., Pflaum, C., & Glass, S. (2007). How consumers use social networks. Retrieved on 2012-05-11 from http:// www.eranium.at/blog/upload/consumers_socialmedia.pdf Loader
14. Kim, Y. A., & Srivastava, J. (2007). Impact of social influence in e-commerce decision making. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the ninth international conference on Electronic commerce.
15. McKnight, D., & Chervany, N. L. (2002). What trust means in e-commerce customer relationships: an interdisciplinary conceptual typology. International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 6(2), 35-59.